Every summer I travel to places where I spent my childhood. And sometimes I’m allowed to take pictures of my current childhood. I would ask the father of the little boy in the water to write to me so that I can send him a photo in better resolution…. 🙃🎞📷
I’ve been tuning the PYRO Plus positive developer this week. By adding a certain amount of pyrogallol at the expense of pyrocatechin. With some combinations of these two developing agents, toning of photographs is no longer necessary . However, the papers must be placed in the bowl with the sensitive layer facing up. Otherwise, you may see streaks from the ribbing on the bottom of the bowl in your photos🙃📷🙏
I must have been tired or thinking about something else… In short, when developing one 120 negative, I used the same amount of developer as when developing 35mm film (right before that I developed three 35mm films). So it was low of developer in the development tank. Thanks to this, the resulting image was divided into a well developed part and a poorly developed part. I angrily crumpled the wet negative and threw it in the ash bucket. The next day I took the crumpled negative out of the bucket and put it under the glass in the scanner…. I got even more mad at myself. They could have been beautiful photos 🙃🎞📷
Pentacon Six TL + Biometar Zebra 2,8/80mm + yellow filter
Last week, the Czech company Foma released a new orthographic film with a nominal sensitivity of ISO 400. So I immediately bought several rolls and started to choose the developer with which I will use this negative. We were warned by the manufacturer that there is no anti-halation layer on the negative, so it will not be possible to photograph yellow in backlight. Well, I tried everything I had mixed 🙃🎞📷 –
Today I decided to replace the foam under the mirror on the Bronica S2 again . The special foam I was using before was too hard and sometimes I focused completely different than I wanted. Now I used a different special foam, but it is intended for drywallers and not for repairing cameras. Even though it is ten times cheaper, it does the job perfectly. Since I had nothing to take pictures of, I at least pointed the lens at another old camera(TLR Flexaret) that I am repairing now🙃📷🛠
Zenza Bronica S2 + Nikon P f 2,8/75mm
Ilford FP4 Plus + D76 homemade stock(continuous agitation)
The day before yesterday, based on a discussion about the use of orthographic material, I decided to make it easier for a colleague whether to use these materials for portrait photography as well. Shooting on this material without using filters makes no sense. So if you want to use orthographic materials for portraits, you will definitely appreciate the use of yellow filters. The images will be beautifully contrasted from the whole range of black colors to brilliant white…
The final version of the own two-bath negative developer was named MP 271. At the moment, it is only tested on Fomapan 100 negatives. It achieves slightly better results on 35mm negatives, which is fine with me, because this is how I radically reduce the costs of analog photography 🙃📷
In the upper part of the linear scan of the negative, it is shown how it develops the first bath.(correct,-1EV,+1EV) At the bottom of the picture is the negative after the complete chemical process .(correct,-1EV,+1EV) .
The second image is a linear scan of the negative at the correct exposure.
The following picture is from this morning in medium format